ABOUT OUR LAYBY TERMS
We know how expensive kids are, especially ones that aren’t even here yet! Plyhome welcomes payment by Layby and depending on the product you have selected, is proud to offer you the convenience of 2 month, 3 month and 6 month terms, for all purchases over $400:
- Cot (when available): 6 month layby, 3 month layby, 2 month layby
- Bunk (when available): 6 month layby, 3 month layby, 2 month layby
- Junior bed: 3 month layby, 2 month layby
- Table and stools set: 3 month layby, 2 month layby
- Toddler bed: 3 month layby, 2 month layby
We will comply with the Fair Trading Amendment Act 2013 which came into force of 17 June 2014.
HOW TO PAY BY LAYBY
Shop as normal, then choose the Layby option as your payment method and your chosen layby duration. To confirm your Layby you must:
- Create an account with us on Plyhome.co.nz. This is free, but part of our payment requirements, and
- Read and agree to our Layby Agreement terms. Your acceptance is deemed by proceeding through the checkout process and hitting ‘SUBMIT’. You cannot purchase by Layby without accepting our Terms and Conditions.
- Pay your 20% deposit.
After you have paid off the total amount due on your Layby Agreement, we will begin crafting your item.
CAN THE LAYBY BE CANCELLED?
Both parties have the right to cancel the layby. Different rules apply depending on whether it is the buyer or the seller that is cancelling.
- Cancellation by buyer: You may cancel the Layby Sale Agreement at any time before taking possession of the goods. To do this, you need to let us know in writing that you want to cancel the Layby Sales Agreement. A Layby cancellation charge of $60 applies and will be deducted from any money received prior to refunding any balance owed. You will receive a refund of any funds paid, less the cancellation charge. This $60 charge covers the associated administration & storage costs and a re-stocking fee. You cannot cancel the Layby Agreement after taking possession of the goods.
- Cancellation by Seller: If payments are not made on time as agreed, we reserve the right to cancel the layby agreement. We will try to contact you prior to cancelling. A $60 Cancellation Charge will apply to cover administration costs, storage costs fees incurred. If for any reason, beyond our control, the goods are no longer available and no satisfactory substitute can be reasonably obtained, the layby will be cancelled with no cancellation charge and all monies paid will be immediately refunded.
CAN THE LAYBY BE CHANGED?
There are to be no changes to the items purchased once the deposit is paid. No individual items will be removed or added to the Layby agreement. Once the deposit is paid – the price for the goods is agreed upon and will not be changed. We will not pass on any price increases or reductions that may occur due to the nature of price rises or future discount sales or offers. You are welcome to pay the total due earlier than the expiry of the Layby (if you prefer).
KEEPING TRACK OF YOUR LAYBY
You can request a written statement of the Layby account at any time by emailing us. If you have done this Layby through the website and made an account, your payments information is available immediately via ‘My Account’ under customer notes. Subtract this total from your initial balance and that is your payments remaining.